The Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) has issued a comprehensive recruitment notice for the position of Junior Engineer (JE). For the UKPSC JE Recruitment, a total of 776 jobs will be filled.
How to apply for the UKPSC JE exam?
Candidates who are interested in the UKPSC JE recruitment can apply online by following the step-by-step directions provided below:
- Go to the UKPSC Application Portal – https://ukpsc.net.in/
- Go to the Combined State Junior Engineer Services Exam 2021 application website.
- Once you’ve read all of the instructions, click “Apply Now.”
- Fill out all of your personal information and finish the registration.
- Enter your educational qualifications and other relevant information.
- Candidates must provide scanned copies of their photographs and signatures in the format specified. For format requirements, applicants can use the Testbook Resize Tool.
- Save/print the completed application form for future reference.
Who can apply for the UKPSC JE exam?
Candidates who intend to apply for the UKPSC JE Recruitment exam must meet the eligibility requirements. The conditions are stated in terms of educational attainment, age limit, nationality, and so on.
- Educational Qualification for UKPSC JE: The candidate must hold a diploma in engineering from a recognized university/polytechnic in the relevant field.
- Preferred UKPSC JE Achievements: Candidates with the following accomplishments will be given preference:
- NCC B Certificate
- 2 or more years of service in the Territorial Army
- Age Limit for the exam: The candidate must be between the ages of 21 and 43 as of July 1, 2021. The age relaxations in the upper age limit will apply to the candidates in the following categories (Uttarakhand only):
|Descendants of Freedom Fighters||5 years|
|Public Works Department (PwD)||10 years|
- Nationality requirement: The candidate must meet one of the following nationality requirements:
- The candidate must be of Indian origin.
- He/she is a Tibetan refugee who went to India for permanent residence prior to January 1, 1962.
- He/she is an Indian of Indian descent from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, or the United Republic of Tanzania who has established permanently in India.
Selection process for the UKPSC JE exam
Candidates will initially be subjected to an objective-type test. The exam will be valued 920 marks. The selected candidates will be invited to an interview. The interview will be done for a total of 100 people. As a result, the following phases must be included in the selection process:
- MCQ questions – 920 marks on the exam
- Interview – 100 marks
What is the exam pattern of the UKPSC JE exam?
There will be objective-type MCQ questions throughout the paper. A quarter of the allocated mark will be deducted for each incorrect response. If many alternatives are chosen, the same negative marking will be applied. Given below is the UKPSC JE exam pattern:
|General Ability Test||General Hindi||100||100||2 hours|
|General English||100||100||2 hours|
|Engineering Test||Related Engineering Stream (Civil/Mech/Electrical/Agriculture) Paper 1||180||360||3 hours|
|Related Engineering Stream (Civil/Mech/Electrical/Agriculture) Paper 2||180||360||3 hours|
There are plenty of vacancies available for the UKPSC JE position. Hence, there are a lot of opportunities and the exam is competitive. However, you can ace the exam with a proper understanding of the syllabus, exam requirements, and the selection procedure with BYJU’s Exam Prep. Practice solving many previous years’ question papers or mock tests to improve your speed and preparation. Do not panic before the exam and keep yourself composed. Otherwise, your anxiety might affect your performance in the exam.