Bone Metastasis Treatment Market: Introduction
- Bone metastasis is a type of cancer that occurs when cancer cells from other parts of the body affect the bone. Bone metastasis is also called metastatic bone disease or secondary bone cancer.
- Almost all types of cancers can spread to the bone. However, particular types of cancer such as breast cancer and prostate cancer spread rapidly to the bone.
- Bone metastasis occurs to the people who were diagnosed with cancer early in their life. Also, the patients with advanced stage cancer are more prone to develop bone metastasis.
- The bone metastasis can occur to any bone, but it commonly affects the bones in thighs, pelvis, and spine.
- Bone metastasis is of two different types – osteoblastic bone metastasis which occurs due to metastasized prostate cancer and osteolytic bone metastasis caused due to metastasized breast cancer
- Common symptoms of bone metastasis are bone pain, broken bone, urinary and bowel incontinence, weakness in the legs and arms, and high levels of calcium in the blood
- The treatment of bone metastasis is aimed at providing the patient a quality and longer life
Get PDF Sample Copy of Report: (Including TOC, List of Tables & Figures, Chart) : https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=76331
Global Bone Metastasis Treatment Market: Key Drivers
- The global bone metastasis treatment market is primarily driven by high prevalence and rise in incidence rates of underlying causes of bone metastasis such as breast cancer and prostate cancer
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), every year, more than 2.1 million women are diagnosed with breast cancer. In 2018, around 627,000 women died due to breast cancer across the globe.
- According to Globocan, globally around 1,276,106 new cases of prostate cancer were reported in 2018. Thus, high prevalence and rise in incidence rates of bone metastasis across the globe is one the key factors estimated to drive the bone metastasis treatment market during the forecast period.
- Also, technological advancements in early diagnosis of bone metastasis, new product development, and strong clinical trial pipeline products for the treatment of bone metastasis are likely to boost the growth of the market
Osteoblastic Bone Metastasis Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of cancer type, the global bone metastasis treatment market can be segmented into osteoblastic bone metastasis and osteolytic bone metastasis. The osteoblastic bone metastasis segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- The osteoblastic bone metastasis is caused due to underlying breast cancer in women. High prevalence of breast cancer compared to other types of cancers is estimated to contribute to the dominant share of the segment during the forecast period.
REQUEST FOR COVID19 IMPACT ANALYSIS – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=76331
Chemotherapy Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunity
- In terms of therapy, the global bone metastasis treatment market is segmented into chemotherapy, hormone therapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy, radiopharmaceuticals, and others. The others segment comprises bisphosphonate drugs and denosumab drugs.
- The chemotherapy segment is projected to dominate the global bone metastasis treatment market during the forecast period
Bone Metastasis Treatment Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global bone metastasis treatment market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- High prevalence of breast cancer and prostate cancer in the region, well established health care facilities in the region, early adoption of technologically advanced products for the diagnosis of cancer, and high awareness about the cancer are likely to contribute to dominant share of the region during the forecast period
- The bone metastasis treatment market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Rapidly growing number of hospitals and diagnostic laboratories, improving health care infrastructure, and rapidly growing population with cancer in China and India are the key factors driving the market in Asia Pacific.
- Moreover, high growth rate of health care industry in Asia Pacific, easy access to health care facilities, and increase in investments in health care by leading market players in Asia Pacific are estimated to fuel the growth of the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- The global bone metastasis treatment market is highly consolidated with a few international players holding key market share of the global market. Key players operating in global bone metastasis treatment market are:
- Amgen Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Radius Health, Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Allergan plc.
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research – 1. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/back-table-and-cart-covers-market-to-register-steady-3-2-cagr-during-2019-2027-transparency-market-research-300999428.html