Arachnoiditis Treatment Market: Introduction
- Arachnoid is a thin and transparent membrane, also known as meninges, which protects the nerves of the spinal cord. Inflammation of the arachnoid results in a pain disorder, which leads to arachnoiditis. The inflammation occurs due to irritation from spine injury, chemicals, infections, compression in the spinal nerves, or post spine surgical complications. The inflammation results into scar tissue and adhesions, which cause nerves to stick together and cause arachnoiditis. Symptoms of arachnoiditis include numbness, tingling, burning pain in lower legs, and this rare condition causes paralysis in the legs in some people.
- Arachnoiditis causes severe and chronic pain, and neurological deficits, and the symptoms vary from mild to severe. The pattern of the condition is unpredictable; however, it depends on symptoms, severity, and progression. Age and mild neurological symptoms could worsen arachnoiditis and result in paralysis. Arachnoiditis is quite common in people aged between 40 and 60. It is a rare condition and the risk factors include diabetes, alcoholism, AIDS, chemotherapy, and organ transplantation. Prevalence of arachnoiditis is low; however, an estimated 25,000 cases occur every year in North & South America, Asia, and Europe.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Arachnoiditis Treatment Market
- Rise in number of spinal surgeries, increase in incidence of bacterial & viral spinal infections, surge in pain relief procedures, awareness & understanding about arachnoiditis, and adoption of novel treatments are the major drivers of the global arachnoiditis treatment market. Moreover, increase in the geriatric population is a major factor propelling the global arachnoiditis treatment market. Technological advancements and awareness about proper diagnosis are likely to augment the global arachnoiditis treatment market. Adoption of various diagnostic tools such as inflammatory markers and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) are likely to drive the global market.
Get PDF Sample Copy of Report: (Including TOC, List of Tables & Figures, Chart) : https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=76649
- Initiatives taken by governments and various organizations to spread awareness about arachnoiditis are also anticipated to boost the growth of the global arachnoiditis treatment market. For instance, the State of Michigan declared Arachnoiditis Awareness Month every year, with a goal of creating maximum awareness about the disease and its treatment. These factors are projected to fuel the growth of the global arachnoiditis treatment market. Strong research & development, increase in diagnosis rate, and technological advancements are the other drivers of the global market.
North America to Lead Global Arachnoiditis Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global arachnoiditis treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global arachnoiditis treatment market during the forecast period owing to higher prevalence of arachnoiditis, rise in spinal surgeries, and increase in minimally invasive procedures. Rise in risk of bacterial & viral infections, pre- and post-surgical complications, and increase in the geriatric population are the factors anticipated to drive the arachnoiditis treatment market in North America. Moreover, rise in initiatives to spread awareness about this rare disease condition is likely to drive the need of diagnostic tools. This factor is projected to propel the arachnoiditis treatment market in the region. Supportive health care expenditure, government initiatives, and demand for better treatment are factors anticipated to augment the market in North America. Europe was the second largest market for arachnoiditis treatments in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Rise in number of spine surgeries, increase in the geriatric population, and continuous investments in research & development are the factors boosting the growth of the arachnoiditis treatment market in Europe.
REQUEST FOR COVID19 IMPACT ANALYSIS – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=76649
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the fastest growing market for arachnoiditis treatments in the next few years. This is attributed to increase in minimal invasive surgeries, awareness and adoption of treatments for arachnoiditis, and improvement in the health care system. Increase in diagnostic tools, availability of pain relief medications, ongoing studies on surgery as a treatment, and developing infrastructure are likely to boost the growth of the arachnoiditis treatment market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Arachnoiditis Treatment Market
The global arachnoiditis treatment market is fragmented, with the presence of a number of large and small players. Major players in the global arachnoiditis treatment market are:
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Sandoz International GmbH
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Novartis AG
Global Arachnoiditis Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Arachnoiditis Treatment Market, by Disease Type
- Adhesive Arachnoiditis
- Arachnoiditis Ossificans
- Cerebral Arachnoiditis
- Hereditary Arachnoiditis
- Neoplastic Arachnoiditis
- Optochiasmatic Arachnoiditis
Global Arachnoiditis Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Drug Class
- Neuropathic Agents
- Adrenergic Agents
- Physical Therapy
- Nerve Stimulation
Global Arachnoiditis Treatment Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Arachnoiditis Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research – 1. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-radiation-therapy-market-to-reach-us-8-6-bn-by-2026–product-approvals-to-drive-growth-transparency-market-research-300998453.html