Workers in a company are eligible for certain necessary benefits during the time of crisis. Amongst such benefits is getting covered for long-term disability according to Social Security Act. Many workers in Toronto are covered under this act and have the facility to claim the long-term disability when there is a physical or mental illness that restricts them to attend work. This can be done with the help of Toronto employment lawyers as they can understand the claim better and act in the perfect way with the companies or the insurance settlers to ensure that the claim is approved. Unfortunately, some companies decline the claim by stating some difficult to understand reasons and a lawyer is the only source is such matters.
Some primary denial reasons
According to law firms, every insurance company has policy sheet of their own and it needs evaluation before processing a claim. De Bousquet Long term disability Lawyer is one of the most efficient employment lawyers in Toronto and based on his experience there are some primary denial reasons used by companies to restrict the workers from getting their claims. Here are some of the reasons that one would come across quite often when trying to claim their long-term disability suit.
- The worker has a previous health condition that led to the long-term disability.
- The reports given by the physician, medical records of the worker and the test results that came out show inadequate data about the disability and do not prove key issues that led to the disability.
- The disability factors are not according to the characteristics mentioned in the plan.
The insurance companies can have discretion while they deny a worker from the claim. But, lawyers hired from the employment law firms in Toronto ensure that the proper reason is given and see if there are any incorrect aspects in the sheet given by the company. Checking the validity of the reason is very important and the lawyer will certainly help in doing so.
Toronto employment lawyers can immediately identify if an insurance company is showing bad faith towards the claimant. It is illegal to show bad faith and it comes under violating the rights of the individual. Here are some acts that show bad faith:
- Indefinite delay of the payment to the claimant [worker].
- Making the language in the policy very confusing intentionally so that the company can have advantage over the claimant.
- Rewarding, thus encouraging, the claim adjusters if they deny the claim.
If the worker observes any one these aspects of bad faith, then he can definitely file a case against the insurance company with the help of employment law firms in Toronto and get the deserved claim. The appeal process is real simple and all that a worker needs to do is select the right employment firm and an experienced employment lawyer to deal with the case. Once the lawyer takes over the case would be solved gradually and the worker will get his long term disability claim.