Procalcitonin Test Kits Market: Introduction
- The procalcitonin test is the measure of the levels of calcitonin in the blood. The test is used as an indicator of presence or absence of serious bacterial infections, especially sepsis. High levels of procalcitonin in the blood represent the presence of sepsis in the body.
- Sepsis is the severe response of the body against bacterial infection when the bacterial infection spreads from one part the body to other parts through the blood circulation. Sepsis can lead to increased heartbeat, low blood pressure, shortness of the breath, uneasiness, restlessness, and other symptoms.
- The procalcitonin test thus helps healthcare providers’ early diagnosis of the sepsis and other bacterial infections in the body before they spread to the other body parts
- The procalcitonin test is recommended for patients having symptoms of sepsis or other bacterial infections, fever and chills, sweating, shortness of breath, rapid heartbeat, extreme pain, and very low blood pressure
Procalcitonin Test Kits Market: Key Drivers
- High prevalence and rise in incidence rates of sepsis, pneumonia meningitis, and lower respiratory tract infections across the globe primarily drive the global procalcitonin test kits market
- For instance, according to the global sepsis alliance foundation, every year around 47 to 50 million people get affected by sepsis and around 11 million people die due to sepsis across the globe
- The mortality rates due to sepsis vary from 15% to 50% depending upon the country
- The technological advancements in early detection of procalcitonin levels in the blood such as EIA testing, ELISA testing, and point-of-care testing are likely to drive the market during the forecast period
- Moreover, increase in usage of procalcitonin test for the optimization of course of antibiotic treatment, newer regulatory guidelines emphasizing on increased usage of procalcitonin tests in the golden hours of treatment, and increased levels of awareness about the rapid procalcitonin tests are likely to contribute to the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Immunoassay Kits to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of product type, the global procalcitonin test kits market can be segmented into immunoassay test kits, immunochromatography test kits, and others. The immunoassay test kits segment in projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- The immunoassay test kits, especially the ELISA kits, are widely and most commonly used test kits for the detection of levels of procalcitonin in the blood. Easy availability, low cost, ease of use, and precise output reading are likely to contribute to dominant share of the segment during the forecast period.
Get PDF Sample Copy of Report: (Including TOC, List of Tables & Figures, Chart) : https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=76863
Diagnostic Laboratories Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunity
- In terms of end-user, the global procalcitonin test kits market is segmented into hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, physician offices, and others. The diagnostic laboratories segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Large number of diagnostic laboratories across the globe, comparatively large volumes of samples for testing in diagnostic laboratories, and growing number of diagnostic laboratories in emerging economies are estimated to boost the segment growth during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific Procalcitonin Test Kits Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global procalcitonin test kits market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- High prevalence of sepsis, meningitis, and other bacterial infections in the region; well-established healthcare facilities in the region; and higher rates of prescription of antibiotics are likely to contribute to dominant share of the region during the forecast period
- The procalcitonin test kits market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The key factors responsible for the high CAGR in Asia Pacific are rapidly growing number of hospitals and diagnostic laboratories, improving healthcare infrastructure, and rapidly growing population with bacterial infection in China and India.
- Moreover, high growth rate of health care industry in Asia Pacific, easy access to health care facilities, and increase in investments in health care by leading market players in Asia Pacific are estimated to fuel the growth of the market in the region
REQUEST FOR COVID19 IMPACT ANALYSIS – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=76863
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- The global procalcitonin test kits market is highly fragmented with large number of domestic players holding key market share in global market. Key players operating in global procalcitonin test kits market are:
- bioMérieux SA
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- RayBiotech, Inc.
- Hangzhou Kitgen Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Radiometer ( Danaher Corporation)
- EKF Diagnostics Holdings plc
- Merck KGaA
- Abbott laboratories
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
Global Procalcitonin Test Kits Market: Research Scope
Global Procalcitonin Test Kits Market, by Product
- Immunoassay Kits
- Immunochromatography Kits
Global Procalcitonin Test Kits Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Physician Office
Global Procalcitonin Test Kits Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research – 1. https://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/analytical-standards-market-to-clock-6-cagr-during-2019-2027-environmental-regulations-provide-steady-impetus-transparency-market-research-825939702.html