Nephrostomy Devices Market: Overview
- Ureters are long and narrow tubes that carry urine from the kidneys to the bladder. Ureters become obstructed due to various conditions such as tumors, blood clots, kidney stones, and infection resulting into blockage of urine flow. Thus, ureteral stents and nephrostomy devices are used in order to restore urine flow through blocked ureters, which enables the kidney to function normally.
- Placement of thin, flexible stent in the ureter is done under the image-guidance by the physicians. Percutaneous nephrostomy is performed in case of failure of placement of ureteral stent, in order to restore the flow of urine. This increases the demand for nephrostomy devices which are extensively used for the treatment of hydronephrosis.
Key Drivers of Global Nephrostomy Devices Market
- Rise in prevalence of urologic diseases globally and increase in percutaneous nephrostomy procedures are expected to drive the global nephrostomy devices market during the forecast period
- Increase in prevalence of urologic diseases such as urinary retention, kidney stones, bladder obstruction, hydronephrosis, prostate cancer, and bladder cancer across the globe is a major factor driving the global nephrostomy devices market
- According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), 12% of the world population is affected by kidney stones globally. Additionally, 1 in 11 people in the U.S. are affected by kidney stone each year.
- Increase in popularity of percutaneous nephrostomy worldwide is expected to fuel the demand for nephrostomy devices in the next few years
- Minimal blood loss, smaller incisions, reduced hospitalization duration, and speedy recovery are benefits offered by percutaneous nephrostomy over conventional open surgeries. All these factors are anticipated to boost the demand for nephrostomy devices in the near future.
Get PDF Sample Copy of Report: (Including TOC, List of Tables & Figures, Chart) : https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=74078
North America to Dominate Global Nephrostomy Devices Market
- North America is projected to account for dominant share of the global market between 2019 and 2027. This can be attributed to rise in prevalence of urinary retention and kidney stones, rapid adoption of technologically advanced devices, and increase in percutaneous nephrostomy procedures in the U.S.
- For instance, 600,000 individuals in the U.S. suffer from urinary stones every year. In addition, according to the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), the overall incidence of urinary retention is 4.5 to 6.8 per 1,000 men, per year, in the U.S.
- Incidence of urinary retention increases with age, which, in turn, is expected to fuel the demand for urinary catheters and nephrostomy devices in the near future
- The nephrostomy devices market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace, owing to increase in prevalence of kidney stones and rise in baby boomer population in emerging countries such as India and China
- For instance, it is estimated that approximately 5 to 7 million people in the region are affected by nephrolithiasis each year. This is anticipated to drive the adoption of nephrostomy devices in the next few years.
REQUEST FOR COVID19 IMPACT ANALYSIS – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=74078
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global nephrostomy devices market are:
- Cardinal Health
- Cook Medical
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Olympus Corp.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Coloplast Group
- Uresil LLC
Global Nephrostomy Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Nephrostomy Devices Market, by Product Type
- Drainage Tubes
- Sheath Dilators
- Nephrostomy Catheters
Global Nephrostomy Devices Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Nephrostomy Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research – 1. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-chronic-obstructive-pulmonary-disease-copd-treatment-market-to-reach-us-26-2-bn-in-2027-drug-makers-focus-on-combination-therapies-transparency-market-research-301011476.html