Mycosis Fungoides Therapeutics Market: Introduction
- Mycosis fungoides is the most common type of blood cancer known as cutaneous T-cell lymphoma. Cutaneous T-cell lymphoma occurs when certain T-cells become cancerous. These cancers affect the skin and cause different types of lesions on the skin.
- Mycosis fungoides usually affects the adults over age 50. However, affected children have been identified.
- According to a study published in the Genetics Home References, an estimated 1 in 100,000 to 350,000 individuals are affected by mycosis fungoides. It accounts for 70% of T-cell lymphomas. Mycosis fungoides affects men nearly twice as often as females. About 3.6 cases per million people each are affected by mycosis fungoides in the U.S.
- The cause of mycosis fungoides is unidentified. Most of the individuals affected by mycosis fungoides have one or more chromosomal abnormalities, such as gain or loss of genetic material.
- Appropriate therapy for mycosis fungoides depends on a variety of factors, including, the presence of symptoms, patient’s overall health, disease stage, and patient-specific issues such as access to health care facilities and cost of care.
Key Drivers of Global Mycosis Fungoides Therapeutics Market
- Increase in prevalence and incidence of mycosis fungoides and new drug approvals drive the global mycosis fungoides therapeutics market
- According to a study published in the National Center for Biotechnology Information, incidence rate of mycosis fungoides is around 6 cases per million per year in the U.S. and Europe, which accounts for 4% of all non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) cases. The disease is more common among African Americans than Asians or people of Caucasus descent.
Get Full PDF Sample Copy of Report: (Including Full TOC, List of Tables & Figures, Chart) : https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=76333
- Additionally, special drug designation for mycosis fungoides drugs is one of the major reasons for the growth of the mycosis fungoides therapeutics market during the forecast period
Small Molecules Segment Expected to Account for Major Share of Global Mycosis Fungoides Therapeutics Market
- Based on type, the global mycosis fungoides therapeutics market can be divided into small molecules and biologics
- The small molecules segment is anticipated to be the dominating segment during the forecast period
- Easy availability and low cost of small molecules are expected to drive the segment during the forecast period
REQUEST FOR COVID19 IMPACT ANALYSIS – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=76333
Retail Pharmacies Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of distribution channel, the global mycosis fungoides therapeutics market can be classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and others
- The retail pharmacies segment is expected to account for major share of the global mycosis fungoides therapeutics market by 2027
- The segment dominance can be attributed to higher sales of drugs used for the treatment of mycosis fungoides through retail pharmacies
North America to Dominate the Global Mycosis Fungoides Therapeutics Market
- In terms of region, the global mycosis fungoides therapeutics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Factors such as presence of advanced health care infrastructure and rise in number of new drug approvals are expected to drive the market in the region in the near future
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global mycosis fungoides therapeutics market are:
- Azurity Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Seattle Genetics, Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Kyowa Kirin Co., Ltd.
- Horizon Therapeutics plc
- Helsinn Healthcare SA
- Eisai Co., Ltd.
- CELGENE CORPORATION
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research – https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-fish-collagen-peptides-market-to-clock-cagr-of–8-from-2019-to-2027-application-in-cosmeceuticals-major-source-of-revenue-transparency-market-research-301006442.html
Global Mycosis Fungoides Therapeutics Market: Research Scope
Global Mycosis Fungoides Therapeutics Market, by Type
- Small Molecules
Global Mycosis Fungoides Therapeutics Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies