In today’s modern laboratories, refrigerators have become essential equipment. This is more common in microbiological, biology and pharmaceutical laboratories, But some chemistry labs also have refrigerators. What is the function of Laboratory Refrigerators? Weel. These are used to preserve and refrigerate samples, test samples, equipment, etc. For example, it is widely used to store blood samples, plasma, vaccines, cultured samples, etc.
How do these things work? : These fridges are not like common household refrigerators. This is because their purpose is different. The lab refrigerators have a lower temperature range than conventional refrigerators. Additionally, these lab equipment are also specially designed to maintain the hygiene factor. Usually, any lab refrigerator has a consistent temperature range that can store and preserve things without the chances of infection from bacteria and fungus and other harmful materials. These refrigerators need a constant flow of filtered air supply to maintain their temperature range. Hence, most of the lab fridges have a fan inside them. These fans work and provide a constant airflow while the refrigerator door is closed. The fan automatically gets switched off while an employee opens the refrigerator and takes out or inserts something inside the machine.In many laboratory refrigerators, separate compartments are available so that different types of materials can be stored with proper care. These compartmented models are often used to store vaccines stem cells and blood supplies.
What are the types of laboratory refrigerators? : There are different types of laboratory refrigerators. Each model has some distinct features. Usually, four different designs and models are used. These are-
- Blood bank Refrigerators : These are specially designed to store and preserve the blood samples, blood plasma, and other related things. Blood bank refrigerators are used in blood banks, hospitals, and trauma care centers. Blood banks usually use refrigerators with multiple compartments so that samples can be stored separately. Usually, blood bank refrigerators are larger. The lab fridges are reliable and come with an electronic display and a monitor to control the temperature inside the refrigerator.
- Chromatography Refrigerators : Chromatography refrigerators are used in biology, microbiology and pharmaceutical laboratories. These models give accurate temperature control and offer stable cooling. Hence, they are ideal for medical and biology-related labs. Often the refrigerators come w9th special arrangements so that chronological apparatus or equipment can be adjusted within the refrigerator.
- Explosion-proof Refrigerators : These models are designed to store explosive and volatile chemicals and substances. It is specially designed to protect things from an explosion or electrical hazards and is very stable.
- Lab fridges :These are the most basic and general models. It is seen in different laboratories. Thes lab fridges can maintain the temperature range and comes with an electronic display so that the temperature can be monitored and controlled. These models are easy to maintain and offer a diverse range of services. For example, they are used to store samples, chemicals, cool apparatus, etc.
How to choose the right laboratory refrigerator? : Well, there are different models. So, you need to choose the one that suits your lab’s requirements. Here is a guide about how to choose the right laboratory refrigerator model-
- Always check the requirement of your laboratory : This is the main criteria. Make sure to understand the requirement of your laboratory before you buy a model. If you need a refrigerator for general purpose then a basic lab fridge is enough. But if you deal with medical samples, chromatography refrigerators are best. So, make sure to choose according to your needs.
- The available space : The laboratory refrigerators come with different models and sizes. So, you need to be careful about the size. Try to check the available sp[ace in your laboratory so that you can understand the model size. Also, it is a wise idea to check if the refrigerator fits the doorways and doors of your lab for smooth installation.
- Check the temperature range: This is another important point that you should remember always. Usually, laboratory refrigerators have a temperature range of 2℃- 10℃. But some models are also capable of handing sub-zero temperatures. Check the temperature requirement of your sample and lab and then decide on the model. This is crucial because models with lower temperature consume more electricity. So, if you are not wise enough, you might spend a lot of money on electricity connections and bills.This is all you need to know about a laboratory refrigerator. If you are searching for a reliable laboratory refrigerator from a reputed manufacturer then you can visit the website of Globallabsupply.com. We have numerous models from different manufacturers and offer competitive prices.If you ever have any queries regarding laboratory refrigerators and other lab equipment, you can contact us.