Plumbing emergencies are never planned and can be a major headache for homeowners. If you reside in Atlanta, you are aware of how erratic the weather can be and how quickly the temperature may vary, which can lead to pipes cracking or bursting. When that occurs, you must take quick action to avoid water damage and pricey repairs. The five measures you should follow when you discover a damaged pipe in your home are outlined in this article. From locating the source of the leak to turning off the main water supply, or finding good plumber in Atlanta, we’ll guide you through the process of minimizing the damage and getting your plumbing back in working order. So, grab a pen and paper and take note of these essential steps to protect your home from plumbing disasters.
Common Causes of Damaged Pipes in Atlanta Homes
Commercial plumbing Atlanta GA may be required due to various reasons for pipe damage. One of the most common reasons is corrosion. Over time, pipes can corrode due to exposure to moisture or chemicals. Another reason is tree roots. Tree roots can invade pipes in search of water, causing them to crack or break. Additionally, pipes can become damaged due to freezing temperatures. When water freezes in pipes, it expands, causing the pipe to burst.
Signs of a Damaged Pipe in Your Home
It’s essential to know the signs of a damaged pipe in your home to prevent further damage. The earliest sign of trouble is decreased water pressure. A broken pipe may be the cause of a drop in water pressure that you experience. Another sign is discolored water. If your water appears brown or rusty, it could be due to a corroded pipe. Additionally, a rising water bill may indicate a leaky pipe if you notice one.
5 Immediate Steps to Take When You Discover a Damaged Pipe
Discovering a damaged pipe can be stressful, but taking immediate action can minimize the damage. Here are five immediate steps to take when you discover a damaged pipe in your Atlanta home:
- Shut off the water supply: The water supply to your home must be turned off first. This will prevent further water damage.
- Turn off the electricity: If the damaged pipe is near electrical wiring or appliances, turn off the electricity to prevent electrocution.
- Call a professional plumber: It is critical to contact a qualified plumber right away. A professional plumber will be able to assess the damage and provide a solution.
- Remove standing water: If there is standing water, use a wet-dry vacuum or mop to remove it. This will prevent further damage and minimize the risk of mold growth.
- Document the damage: Take photos and videos of the damage for insurance purposes.
Benefits of Having a Plumbing Service Plan in Atlanta
Having a plumbing service plan in Atlanta can provide several benefits. A plumbing service plan can include routine maintenance, which can prevent plumbing emergencies. Additionally, having a service plan can provide peace of mind, knowing that if a plumbing emergency does occur, you have a professional to call.
Commercial Plumbing Services in Atlanta
In addition to residential plumbing services, many plumbing companies in Atlanta also provide commercial plumbing services. Commercial plumbing services can include installation, repair, and maintenance of plumbing systems in commercial buildings. If you own a commercial