As a builder, you know that using steel in your projects offers many benefits. Steel is a durable material resistant to rust and corrosion, making it an excellent choice for projects in all climates.
In this day and age, almost all buildings are made of steel, or at least the foundations or base. This is because steel is inexpensive and easier to come by than other materials such as wood.
If you have big construction plans in the near future, here are ten reasons you should buy steel from a trusted supplier for your next building project:
- Fire Resistance — Steel is an excellent material for fire resistance. Not only does it stop flames from spreading, but burning steel also stops smoke and toxic gases from escaping, which would otherwise help accelerate the spread of any fires.
- Corrosion Resistance — The corrosion resistance of steel is an excellent option for structures exposed to salt and moisture, as well as to alkalis. This means that you will not have the hassle or expense associated with rusting away at your building over time- it can take decades instead! Furthermore, this metal requires fewer replacements than other materials, so both money AND human resources go into supporting its presence in our world rather than being wasted on maintenance efforts just because they’re needed most often right now.
- Durability — because steel is such a solid and durable material, it means that the steel supplier you choose will be able to provide steel beams and steel structural shapes with long-lasting durability for your building needs. This makes steel an excellent option and a great way to increase the longevity of your structure!
- Adaptable — What steel lacks in a design aesthetic makes up for sheer adaptability. You can bend steel to follow different angles and curves, which means that steel beams and steel structural shapes are ideal for building projects where steel will be exposed to stress because you need steel to expand and contract during temperature fluctuations. Additionally, steel is easy to cut and weld such steel beams, and steel structural shapes can provide a perfect fit for structures of varying heights.
- Lightweight — Choosing steel as a steel supplier offers many benefits, but one of the biggest reasons to choose steel is steel beams and steel structural shapes that are lightweight yet sturdy. This benefit makes steel an excellent choice for environments where you need a material that will not be too heavy to transport. It also allows builders to use more steel in their structures with less impact on their budget.
- Weather — Steel is the steel supplier’s first choice for steel beams and structural shapes because steel can withstand all types of weather, even precipitation. This means that steel will not be damaged or affected by rain, snow, sun exposure, or any other outdoor elements so that you can use steel beams and structural shapes outdoors without worry.
- Customizability — The steel supplier you choose knows steel, so steel beams and structural shapes are ideal for working with because steel is easily customized based on your needs. You can have steel bent around corners or into any shape that will better fit your project while saving time and money in the process.
- High Strength — steel beams and steel structural shapes are a great choice because steel has the highest strength to weight ratio of any building material, metal or otherwise. This means that steel will be reliable for you as a steel supplier no matter how high your building needs to reach!
- Warranty — Last but not least, steel beams and steel structural shapes are your steel supplier’s go-to option for steel because a warranty backs steel. This means that the steel manufacturer will be responsible for its product during all aspects of construction, maintenance, or repair, which makes purchasing steel beams and steel structural shapes less stressful than other options because you don’t need to worry about your steel supplier.
- Reusable — steel beams and structural steel shapes are intelligent because steel is reusable. Once the steel has been bent, cut, or welded to your specifications, the steel supplier you choose can take out the steel from its original form so that you can use it again in a future project. Steel is an environmentally friendly material that can recycle again and again without losing quality to steel offers. It’s 100% recyclable, which means steel producers are constantly looking for steel that can be reused.
Steel is a versatile material that can be used for many purposes. It’s strong, durable, and long-lasting, making it an excellent choice for construction or manufacturing projects.
If you’d like to know more about home builders be sure to check out Carlisle Homes.