Thailand is one of the most visited countries by Indian citizens, almost everyone who loves traveling has either visited this country or plans to visit Thailand in the future. The country has a mix of beautiful beaches, bustling cities and a sprawling countryside which makes it an ideal destination for all kinds of travelers. So, whether you love parties, the beach or just want to spend some alone by the countryside; Thailand has is one of the best and cheapest international travel options available.
Image Source: Shutterstock
Arriving in Thailand
Indian residents who wish to visit Thailand on a trip of not more than 15 days duration can easily get Thailand visa for Indians upon landing from 32 pre-designated contact points which includes the Phuket international airport from you can avail this facility. If you plan to go this route, then be prepared to wait from anything between 10 mins to an hour to get through the entire process.
Documents Required to Avail Visa on Arrival for Indians
- You would need an Airline Boarding Pass
- An Indian passport with a 6 months validity with 2 unused pages for entry and exit stamps.
- Fully filled and completed visa application form one of the immigrations checkpoints.
- Recent photograph of 4×6 centimeters headshot which is not older than 6 months.
- You should have a confirmed air ticket to exit within 15 days of entering the country. However, if you wish to exit the country via the land route, you won’t qualify for visa on arrival.
- You need to have at least 20,000 TBH or 500 USD
- You need to pay 2000 Baht in application fee for a visa on arrival
Procedure to get Visa Prior to traveling to Thailand
If you intend to stay in the country for anything longer than 15 days, then you would need to apply for a regular visa before via the royal Thai embassy through the royal Thai consulate general which has offices in 3 major Indian cities: New Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata. For this, you will need to submit your passport for the application, which you can expect back in 3 working days once the application has been completed.
Documents Required for a Regular Long-term Thailand visa for Indians
- You must possess a passport with at least 10-year validity and it should remain valid for the next 6 months post departure with at least 2 blank pages that are earmarked for official use.
- Three Passport size photographs (of 35 X 45 mm with white Background on matte finish paper & 80% face area). Ensure that no teeth are visible and only get pictures clicked in transparent eyeglasses (no colored lenses allowed)
- Either You or the person bearing your expenses needs to submit a cover letter with the reason for travel clearly stated within the document
- Completely filled and signed visa application by the person intending to travel to Thailand
- In case you are traveling for business purposes, then you need to submit the cover letter on the business letterhead of your company clearly mentioning your position and your time with the company.
- Account statement with the bank’s official stamp showing at least ₹40,000 as balance in account.
- Additionally, you will need copy of your air ticket and confirmation of hotel bookings.
Get A travel insurance
Once everything is set and you have finally got that Thailand visa for Indians, it’s time to apply for a travel insurance policy because if you are a smart traveler, you already know what that means.
A travel insurance will keep you protected against any uncertainties like in case you fall sick and require hospitalization, or incur an injury requiring treatment, face financial loss due to theft, or any other unforeseen event that could leave you in the lurch in a foreign land.
Care travel insurance offers one of the most comprehensive travel insurance policies at affordable premiums that take care of all of you end-to-end exigencies in a foreign country. So, if you are planning a trip to Thailand, then do make sure that you have everything in order including that travel insurance before boarding that flight.