People always tell you to do things on the patio. But what can you do there? This article aims to answer that question and also give your patio a little bit of personality.
First of all, it helps if your house has a patio out front or back with some space surrounding it. If not, this isn’t helpful for you unless you’re willing to rearrange things around your house. Patios are typically either on the side of the house or some kind of attached structure off the back wall or front door. Either way, they provide an outside oasis that is underused mainly by people today.
Right now, I’m sitting on my porch swing enjoying this beautiful spring day on my porch! It’s a great place to read, plan your day, and take some time now and then to just.
Let’s begin with how you can use the patio in case you don’t already have one:
- Plant flowers in pots or boxes on either side of the door leading into your house (preferably not too close). Then when people walk by, they’ll see something nice and get a little burst of color.
- Put up some outdoor shelves for things like barbeque grilling equipment or outdoor decorations that don’t fit elsewhere inside your house. You could even attach them to the house itself if nearby. This way, you can keep all your outdoor stuff in one place.
- If your house is not attached to an outdoor area, light up some strings of white lights and put them around the posts holding up the roof over your patio. They add a nice touch, and you can leave them on overnight if it isn’t too hot outside.
If you have a patio already, there are more things you can do with it! Here’s a list:
- Go for breakfast or lunch at a cafe or restaurant with a patio near your house (preferably one with good food).
- Host get-togethers now and then where people can hang out on your patio with food and drinks from local stores/restaurants /bars.
- Use your patio for entertaining guests who come over to your house. It’s usually the first place people will go, so it’ll be nice to have things set up beforehand (e.g., food/drink, chairs/tables). Make sure to keep the atmosphere casual and stress-free!
- Walk around or sit on your patio at night with a glass of wine or cup of tea in hand as you think about life and all its foibles.
You can also leave this article now because those were all the tips I’ve got after thinking about this for a while nothing too special, but they work!
A patio is a type of backyard or front yard, usually paved, that forms an outdoor extension to a house. The word “patio” means “courtyard” and comes from Latin, referring to a courtyard open to the sky. The first use in English of the term was in 1834 for an enclosed area adjoining a Spanish mission in California. Patio furniture cover for your backyard can give it an incredible look.
The relationship between architect and client often influences the style and size of a patio. Because almost all homes have some space outside, it may be practical for you to specify what you would like to get out of your patio before commissioning plans from an architecture firm.
2 Types of patio
There are two general types of patio. The first is where you can incorporate the existing yard space into your design. This might be done by removing all grass and planting new, or with certain types of paving that do not require excavation to install. A kind of paving that works well for this purpose is called “landscape timbers” They are big timbers made out of cedar that come in 4×8 sheets.
Many companies will now even come out to your home and give you an estimate on what it would cost to remove all the grass and put down landscape timbers, plus a small retaining wall that doubles as a seating area.