Electric Double-layer Capacitors Market: Introduction
- A capacitor is a two-terminal passive electrical component, employed to store energy electrostatically in an electric field. It is a widely used in electrical circuits for various electrical devices, especially the electric double-layer capacitor.
- Electric double-layer capacitors are commonly known as gold caps, ultra capacitors, or super capacitors, is an energy storage device which have high capacitance than other capacitors or batteries. They have high power capacity, fast charging options, and longer life cycle as compared to those of batteries.
- Electric double-layer capacitors are widely associated with batteries, as they are an ideal source of back-up and peak-power.
- In an electric double-layer capacitor, the electrostatic charge is stored by splitting positive and negative charges; therefore, they chemical reaction is not used to store energy.
- The energy store capacity of a typical capacitor is measured in nano or micro farads, while an electric double-layer capacitors can be rated in farads.
- An electric double-layer capacitor consists of two different types of constructions; the first is the stacked form, while the other is the wound construction form.
- The wound type has similar construction to that of an ordinary radial electrolytic capacitor. These capacitors are available with maximum cell voltage between 2.1V & 3V and capacities up to 3400F can be achieved with these cells.
- The stacked type offers voltage of 5.5V by integrating cells in a row and is available with capacities up to 1.5F, these are mostly used in real-time clock (RTC) applications.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Electric Double-layer Capacitors Market? Ask for the request brochure here
Key Drivers of Electric Double-layer Capacitors Market:
- The increase in government regulations concerning carbon emissions, along with growing adoption of graphene and carbon nanotube electric double-layer capacitors (EDLCs), is a major factor that is expected to drive the growth of the electric double-layer capacitors market.
- Evolving green energy applications, advancements in electric double-layer capacitor technologies, improving price/performance ratios, and growing new applications across several industries are driving the electric double-layer capacitors market.
Benefits of Electric Double-layer Capacitors:
- Electric double-layer capacitors have number of benefits such as fast charge and discharge cycles.
- They have long operating life of over one million cycles and can be used for operating in harsh environments.
- The electric double-layer capacitors can be used in a series & parallel connections, have zero maintenance and also have a wide operating temperature range.
Button Type Capacitors in Product Type Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities:
- The global electric double-layer capacitors market can be segregated in terms of product type, application, and region.
- Based on product type, the electric double-layer capacitors market can be divided into button type, flat type, radial type, and others. The button type capacitors are used in backup of complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor-CMOS microcomputers, memory backup, metering, etc.
- The flat type capacitors are employed in barcode scanners, personal locators (GPS/GSM), and wireless modems, while the radial type capacitors are used in toys, solar battery operated circuits, emergency lights, and garden lights. The others segment consists of screw type, snap-in type, and modules.
- In terms of application, the electric double-layer capacitors market can be divided into consumer electronics, industrial, automobile, and others.
REQUEST FOR COVID19 IMPACT ANALYSIS –https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=68933
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Significant Share in the Global Electric Double-Layer Capacitors Market:
- Based on region, the global electric double-layer capacitors market can be split into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America is expected to lead the global electric double-layer capacitors market
- Upgradation of old transmission power grids increased penetration of electric vehicles, and the rising need for wireless chargers for vehicles are some of the factors that are expected to impact the electric double-layer capacitors market growth in North America.
- The U.S., is the major market in North America where most people buy consumer electronics on a regular basis. Smartphones, tablets, portable speakers, and AI-assisted electronics are experiencing high growth in the region.
- The electric double-layer capacitors market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to the presence of large number of electrical and electronic companies operating in countries such as China, Japan, and India.
- Europe is expected to account for large share of the global electric double-layer capacitors market.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa are likely to account for small share of the electric double-layer capacitors market.
- In April 2018, CAP-XX develops a 3 Volt thin prismatic capacitor. The company is expected to deploy its 3V technology first in thin prismatic form to meet the demand for small, inexpensive, energy-efficient power solutions for thin wearables, key FOBs, and other IoT devices
Key Players Operating in the Market:
Demand within electric double-layer capacitors market is highly concentrated with top producers accounting approximately 45-50% of the market. Few of the key players operating in the electric double-layer capacitors market include
- MAXWELL TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- Panasonic Corporation
- TOKIN Corporation
- Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- LS MTRON LTD.
- Nippon Chemi-Con Corporation.
- ELNA CO., LTD
- NICHICON CORPORATION.
- Rubycon Corporation
- AVX Corporation
- VINATech Co.,Ltd.
- Cornell Dubilier
Explore Transparency Market Research’s award-winning coverage of the global Energy Industry:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mining-chemicals-market-estimated-to-a-valuation-of-us-36-billion-by-2027-increasing-application-segments-is-key-factor-for-driving-global-market-notes-tmr-301017054.html