Glioma Therapeutics Market: Emerging Chemotherapies can be Effective Treatment Options
- Glioma is a condition which covers a broad category of brain and spinal cord tumors that come from glial cells in brain that support nerve cells. Glioma can affect brain function and may be fatal depending on its location and severity of tumor.
View Report : https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/glioma-therapeutics-market.html
- Glial cells are cells in brain which surround and support neurons in the brain including astrocytes, oligodendrocytes, and ependymal cells. Glioma is a common type of tumor originating in the brain which is formed in these glial cells.
- Glioma has different types such as astrocytoma, brain stem gliomas, ependymomas, mixed gliomas (oligo-astrocytomas), oligodendrogliomas, and optic pathway gliomas
- Risk factors may range from older age (more common in adults between 45-65 years of age) and radiation exposure to family history of glioma
- Various therapeutic options are available for the treatment of glioma such as radiation therapy, chemotherapy, targeted drug therapy, and surgery. Late stage clinical pipeline drugs can be effective treatment options for glioma in the next few years.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Glioma Therapeutics Market
- Expected approval of late-stage pipeline molecules and orphan drug designation to certain molecules for the treatment of glioma are some of the major factors responsible for the growth of the global glioma therapeutics market
- For instance, on December 05, 2019, U.S. FDA and European Medicines Agency granted orphan drug designation to Adastra Pharmaceuticals drug zotiraciclib, a multikinase inhibitor. This products is being evaluated in two phase 1b clinical studies of patients with glioblastoma, the most common glioma histology for the treatment of glioma.
- Growing prevalence of brain cancer and rising awareness regarding various types of brain tumors are some of the major factors fuelling the growth of global glioma therapeutics market
- Moreover, strategic alliances for the development of glioma therapeutics products and increase in exposure of humans to radiation in recent times which leads to higher incidence of brain cancer are some of the major factors responsible for the growth of the global glioma therapeutics market
Get PDF Sample Copy of Report: (Including TOC, List of Tables & Figures, Chart) : https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=76325
Adverse Effects of Chemotherapy Hamper Market:
- Regrowth of tumor after treatment & surgery in many cases and adverse effects of chemotherapy are some of the factors hampering the growth of the global glioma therapeutics market
- Increase in investment in developing new molecules and unsuccessful trials can also negatively impact the global glioma therapeutics market
Chemotherapy Segment to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on therapy type, global glioma therapeutics market can be segmented into chemotherapy, targeted drug therapy, radiation therapy, and surgery
REQUEST FOR COVID19 IMPACT ANALYSIS – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=76325
- Chemotherapy is a highly promising segment of the market which is expected to show significant growth during the forecast period, owing to expected launch and approval of new molecules for glioma treatment and higher investment of companies for pipeline products in this category
- The chemotherapy segment is further sub-segmented into Temozolomide, Bevacizumab, Carmustine, and others
Low Grade Gliomas to be Promising Grade Segment
- In terms of grade, the global glioma therapeutics market can be divided into low-grade gliomas, high-grade gliomas, and recurrent high-grade gliomas
- The low-grade gliomas segment is anticipated to be a highly lucrative segment in the near future due to more treatment options availability and early detection of tumor of this grade
Primary Dominated Tumor Type Segment
- Based on tumor type, the global glioma therapeutics market can be bifurcated into primary tumors and secondary tumors
- Primary tumors are further sub-divided into astrocytoma, ependymoma, brain stem gliomas, oligodendrogliomas, mixed gliomas, and others
- Primary tumors dominated the global glioma therapeutics market as they are a more prevalent form of tumors across the world
Buy Now Report : https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=76325<ype=S
North America to Dominate Global Glioma Therapeutics Market
- In terms of region, the global glioma therapeutics market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global glioma therapeutics market in 2018 due to approval of new products for glioma treatment, higher prevalence of brain tumor cases in the region, growing exposure of population to radiation, and presence of major companies in the region
- For instance, as per the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) stats, an estimated 23,820 adults in the U.S. are diagnosed with primary cancerous tumors of the brain and spinal cord in 2018. Brain tumors accounted for 85% to 90% of all primary CNS tumors.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to be highly attractive during the forecast period due to launch of approved products in the region in later half of forecast period, higher number of geriatric population, increase in patients with cancer, and rise in awareness regarding diseases & treatment
Key Manufacturers Operating in global Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Amgen Inc.
- Adastra Pharmaceuticals
- NextSource Biotechnology, LLC
- Novartis AG
- Mylan N.V.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Arbor Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Global Glioma Therapeutics Market: Research Scope
Global Glioma Therapeutics Market, by Therapy Type
- Targeted Drug Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
Global Glioma Therapeutics Market, by Grade
- Low-grade Gliomas
- High-grade Gliomas
- Recurrent High-grade Gliomas
Global Glioma Therapeutics Market, by Tumor Type
- Primary Tumors
- Brain Stem Gliomas
- Mixed Gliomas
- Secondary Tumors
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research – 1. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cholesterol-and-triglyceride-abnormalities-on-a-rise-driving-dyslipidemia-drugs-market-to-higher-trajectory-tmr-301024637.html