Pressure Injectable PICC Kits Market: Introduction
A peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) is a small gauge catheter inserted peripherally. It is suitable for long-term use and there are no restrictions on age or gender. A PICC is a long, thin, flexible IV line or catheter. It is placed in a vein in the arm and guided up into a larger vein near the heart.
A PICC can have one or more openings called lumens. It may stay in for several weeks or months. PICCs are usually quite long to accommodate different lengths of insertion. These are frequently trimmed prior to insertion to prevent dislodgement and for easy handling. PICCs are not advisable in patients with renal failure and impending need for dialysis, in whom preservation of upper-extremity veins is needed for fistula or graft implantation. The infection might have a local inflammation which is uncommon with PICC-related infection caused by coagulase-negative staphylococci, as this pathogen incites little local or systemic inflammation. The patient should also be examined for fever or other signs of sepsis.
Get PDF Sample Copy of Report: (Including TOC, List of Tables & Figures, Chart) : https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=74074
Key Drivers of Global Pressure Injectable PICC Kits Market
Increased precision of PICC and CVC placement with tip location devices
- Tip position verification of peripherally inserted central catheters (PICCs) is essential to the use of the catheter. The ideal tip position of a central venous catheter provides reliable venous access with optimal therapeutic delivery, while minimizing short- and long-term complications.
- Ideal position limits have evolved and narrowed over time, making successful placement difficult and unreliable when depending exclusively on the landmark technique
- For patients with atrial fibrillation (AF), ECG is used to detect the PICC tip position during catheterization and X-ray is done to confirm the tip position as the “gold standard” after PICC insertion
- When the catheter enters the lower one third of superior vena cava, the amplitude of the f wave reaches the maximum. There is no statistical difference between X-ray PICC tip position verification and IC-ECG PICC tip position verification among patients with atrial fibrillation.
Increase in cases of infection due to usage of PICC
- According to the NCBI, the most common organisms associated with hospital-acquired CRBSIs (in order of most to least common) are coagulase-negative Staphylococci, Staphylococcus aureus, Enterococci, and Candida
- The cumulative incidence of CRBSIs for PICCs is 1.1 per 1000 PICC-days. However, it is found to be higher in inpatient setting (2.1 per 1000 PICC-days). This could be because patients managed on an outpatient basis are healthier in general, and their catheter is accessed less frequently.
- There is still question about whether PICCS or centrally inserted venous catheters (CICCs) have lower infection rates.
- Infection rates are higher for PICCs placed in the antecubital fossa compared to those placed in the upper arm.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Market
- North America is expected to account for major share of the global Pressure Injectable PICC Kits Market during the forecast period. The market in North America is likely to grow at a rapid pace in the near future due to rise in prevalence of chronic kidney dialysis and cancer. Moreover, increase in health care reach in untapped markets is expected to spur market growth during the forecast period.
REQUEST FOR COVID19 IMPACT ANALYSIS – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=74074
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global Pressure Injectable PICC Kits Market is highly concentrated due to presence of a few key players. A large number of manufacturers hold major share in the market in their respective regions. This has led to surge in the number of distributors and suppliers in emerging markets. Leading players operating in the global Pressure Injectable PICC Kits Market are:
- AngioDynamics, Inc.
- C. R. Bard Inc.
- Teleflex Incorporated
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Medtronic plc
- Vygon S.A
- Cook Medical, Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Argon Medical Devices, Inc.
- Medical Component, Inc.
- Theragenics Corporation
Global Pressure Injectable Kit (PICC) Market: Research Scope
Global Pressure Injectable Kit (PICC) Market, by Product Type
- Power Injected PICC
- Conventional PICC
Global Pressure Injectable Kit (PICC) Market, by Design Type
- Single Lumen
- Double Lumens
- Triple/Multiple Lumens
Global Pressure Injectable Kit (PICC) Market, by Catheter
- Valved (positive pressure: valve opens outward)
- Non-valved (negative pressure: valve opens inward)
Global Pressure Injectable Kit (PICC) Market, by End-user
- Nursing Facilities
- Home Care
Global Pressure Injectable Kit (PICC) Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research – 1. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-surgical-microscopes-market-to-exhibit-promising-cagr-of-10-for-2019-2027-increased-investments-for-medical-and-healthcare-research-to-fuel-market-growth-observes-tmr-301007369.html