Adamantane Antiviral Drugs Market: Introduction
- Adamantane is class of antiviral drug which acts on influenza A virus (RNA Virus) and not on influenza B virus
- Amantadine and rimantadine are derivatives of adamantane. In the host cell, a membrane of the virus, known as M2, has an action of an ion channel in two stages during the viral replication. During these stages, the two membranes, endosome membrane and viral membrane, fuse and new virions are assembled and released. Adamantane antiviral drugs block the ion channel and also hinder the removal of viral coating inside the cell.
- Conditions treated using adamantane drugs include Parkinson’s disease, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, post-polio syndrome, influenza prophylaxis, influenza A, head injury, fatigue, extrapyramidal reaction, chronic fatigue syndrome, sexual dysfunction, and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor induced (SSRI Induced)
- As per the previous studies, it is expected that adamantine antiviral drugs can be used in treating COVID-19
View Report : https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/adamantane-antiviral-drugs-market.html
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Adamantane Antiviral Drugs Market
- According to the Worldometers.info, more than 1.4 million people are affected by COVID-19 out of which over 83,400 are dead. There is no medicine discovered or found yet to treat the virus. Doctors and nurses are using oseltamivir which is an antiviral drug. The professionals are treating symptoms of COVID-19 which is fever, cough, and shortness of breath. This pandemic is projected to fuel the growth of the global market during the forecast period.
- Early investigation with an amantadine gave some guarantee in a dose response impact for human coronavirus 229E. Other antiviral impacts have been shown for amantadine, rimantadine, memantine, and bananin in models for mouse hepatitis infection, bovine coronavirus, SARS CoV and human coronavirus OC43. However, others have suggested low activity of amantadine for feline infectious peritonitis virus and SARS CoV. The latter studies have not anticipated an assessment of adamantanes for COVID-19 on several grounds. Viral susceptibility in these reports had fluctuated extensively in the test approach, and no constant standard has yet been developed for coronavirus testing specifically.
- Results achieved from in-vitro studies are not always predictive for in-vivo studies
- Evolution of viruses with time is imperative. For example, RNA viruses such as influenza A have evolved amantadine/rimantadine resistance. Hence, these are the restraints Adamantane antiviral drugs are expected to face.
North America to Dominate Market
- According to the Worldometers.info, out of 1.4 million cases, more than 400,000 cases are in the U.S. High occurrence of COVID-19 and Influenza A virus in North America is projected to drive the adamantane antiviral drugs market in the region.
- Spain, Italy, France, and Germany are the most affected nations in Europe by Coronavirus pandemic. Also, a rise in preference of novel medications has been observed in consumers. Hence, Europe is the second major market for adamantane antiviral drugs.
Get PDF Sample Copy of Report: (Including TOC, List of Tables & Figures, Chart) : https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=39167
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period, as Governments are taking initiatives to eradicate the influenza A virus, especially from countries such as India and China. Furthermore, due to globalization and tourism, the COVID-19 which started from China has spread to different parts of Asia Pacific region. This is expected to boost the growth of the adamantane antiviral drugs market in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Adamantane Antiviral Drugs Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Novartis AG
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Endo International plc
- Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Cipla Inc.
REQUEST FOR COVID19 IMPACT ANALYSIS – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=39167
Global Adamantane Antiviral Drugs Market: Research Scope
Global Adamantane Antiviral Drugs Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Online Pharmacies
Global Adamantane Antiviral Drugs Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research – 1. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-surgical-microscopes-market-to-exhibit-promising-cagr-of-10-for-2019-2027-increased-investments-for-medical-and-healthcare-research-to-fuel-market-growth-observes-tmr-301007369.html