Intraoperative Radiation Therapy Market: Introduction
- Intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT) is a treatment for cancer wherein an ionizing radiation is administered to a small area of the body all at once during a surgery. IORT allows higher effective doses of radiation to tumor/tumor bed with minimal exposure to surrounding healthy tissues compared to conventional radiation therapy. Traditionally, surgery is followed by external beam radiotherapy (EBRT) or chemotherapy in most solid tumors for the elimination of any microscopic residual disease and reducing the risk of local recurrence.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Intraoperative Radiation Therapy Market
- Increase in incidence and prevalence rate of cancer across the globe is projected to drive the global intraoperative radiation therapy market during the forecast period, as radiation therapy is used in nearly 50% of all cancer treatments. According to the American Institute of Cancer Research, around 18 million cancer cases were diagnosed globally in 2018 and head & neck cancer accounted for about 4% of the total cancer cases in the U.S. in 2017. Moreover, an estimated 65,000 individuals will develop head & neck cancer in the near future.
- Increase in demand for highly efficient radiation therapy systems for cancer treatment and new product approvals are projected to augment the global intraoperative radiation therapy market during the forecast period. The global market has witnessed an increase in new product approvals in the past few years. This is anticipated to propel the global market from 2019 to 2027 Radiation therapy in expensive due to the use of sophisticated equipment and machinery. The total cost of the treatment depends on the number of sessions, type of radiation, and patient’s health coverage. According to estimates, the cost of a radiation therapy course for treating breast cancer is approximately US$ 8,000 and around US$ 18,000 for prostate cancer.
Get PDF Sample Copy of Report: (Including TOC, List of Tables & Figures, Chart) : https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=74059
Breast Cancer Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on treatment, the global intraoperative radiation therapy market can be divided into breast cancer, brain tumor, gastrointestinal cancer, head & neck cancer and other cancers (penile cancer, lung cancer, childhood cancer, colorectal cancer, endometrial & cervical cancer, and prostate cancer). The breast cancer treatment segment accounted for a leading share of the global intraoperative radiation therapy market in 2018. As per the U.S. Breast Cancer Statistics, in 2019, an estimated 268,600 new cases of invasive breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed in women in the U.S., along with 62,930 new cases of non-invasive (in situ) breast cancer.
Hospital Segment to Lead Global Market
- In terms of end-user, the global intraoperative radiation therapy market can be segmented into hospitals, specialty clinics, and ambulatory surgical centers. The hospitals segment accounted for the leading share of the market in 2018. The trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. Investments by key players in the expansion of an effective distribution network with hospitals and development of novel surgical platforms to meet the needs and demands of patients are likely to augment the hospitals segment during the forecast period.
North America to Lead Global Intraoperative Radiation Therapy Market
- In terms of region, the global intraoperative radiation therapy market can be segmented into Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa.
- North America held a major share of the global intraoperative radiation therapy market in 2018. Increase in prevalence of cancer among elderly population and rise in awareness about the side effects are likely to drive the market in North America. Europe and Asia Pacific are likely to account for a significant share of the global market in the near future. Initiatives taken by local governments to attain self-sufficiency in manufacturing pharmaceuticals and financial support for research and development of drugs for oncology disorders in countries such as, Brazil, South Africa, etc., are projected to boost the intraoperative radiation therapy market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa during the forecast period.
REQUEST FOR COVID19 IMPACT ANALYSIS – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=74059
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Intraoperative Radiation Therapy Market
The global market for intraoperative radiation therapy is moderately fragmented with market players focusing on strategically important partnerships, collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, and product launched. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- ZEISS Group
- iCAD, Inc.
- IntraOp Medical Corporation
- Ariane Medical Systems, Ltd.
- Sordina IORT Technologies S.p.A.
- GMV Innovating Solutions
- Sensus Healthcare, Inc.
- Elekta AB
- Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
- Eckert & Ziegler Group
Global Intraoperative Radiation Therapy Market Scope
Global Intraoperative Radiation Therapy Market, by Application
- Breast Cancer
- Brain Tumor
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Head & Neck Cancer
- Other Cancers (penile cancer, lung cancer, childhood cancer, colorectal cancer, endometrial & cervical cancer, and prostate cancer)
Global Intraoperative Radiation Therapy Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Specialty Clinics
Global Intraoperative Radiation Therapy Market, by Method
- Electron IORT
- Intraoperative Brachytherapy
Global Intraoperative Radiation Therapy Market, by Product
- Applicators & Afterloaders
- Treatment Planning Systems
Global Intraoperative Radiation Therapy Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research – 1. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/rising-complications-due-to-diabetes-is-pushing-adoption-of-diabetic-ulcers-treatment-market-valuation-will-rise-up-to-us13-6-bn-by-2026-end-finds-tmr-report-301016214.html