Bone Holding Forceps and Cutters Market: Vital Tools in Surgery and Repair of Bones
- Bone holding forceps are handheld, hinged instruments used for grasping and holding bones. These forceps are commonly used to stabilize bones during repair.
- These holding forceps could also be used to remove bone fragments from a surgical site. These are available in a number of sizes, as well as with or without ratchets, making these versatile instruments that can be used on both small and large bones.
- Bone cutting forceps or cutters are instruments used for cutting in orthopedic surgeries. These are instruments that have two blades and a handle to compress or hold tissues in orthopedic instrument surgical operations.
- These instruments are required for clean and sterile surgery environment. These forceps have a double-action function; these are used to grip tissues and have blades for cutting.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Bone Holding Forceps and Cutters Market
- Increase in the number of orthopedic and dental surgeries is the major factor boosting the growth of the global bone holding forceps and cutters market
- According to the International Osteoporosis Foundation, osteoporosis causes more than 8.9 million fractures across the world each year
- Rise in the number of road accidents and increase in the geriatric population prone to bone disorders drive demand for bone holding forceps and cutter across the globe
- Availability of forceps in different sizes and dimensions fuels demand for these surgical tools
Get PDF Sample Copy of Report: (Including TOC, List of Tables & Figures, Chart) : https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=74149
High Cost of Surgical Procedures to Hamper Global Market
- High cost of certain orthopedic surgical procedures hampers the growth of the global bone holding forceps and cutters market
- Moreover, unskilled personnel for performing orthopedic procedures could cause complications during surgery and injuries. This factor is projected to restrain the global bone holding forceps and cutters market.
Disposable to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on product type, the global bone holding forceps and cutters market can be bifurcated disposable and reusable
- The reusable segment dominated the global market in 2018 owing to application during surgeries and availability of sterilized instruments after each procedure
- The disposable segment is projected to be more lucrative in the next few years due to less chance of infection and low cost
Stainless Steel to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of material, the global bone holding forceps and cutters market can be classified into stainless steel, tungsten, and others
- The stainless steel segment dominated the global bone holding forceps and cutters market in 2018. Ability to withstand repeated sterilization in high temperature autoclaves, rust free, and durability of edges are the key features that propel the segment.
REQUEST FOR COVID19 IMPACT ANALYSIS – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=74149
Hospitals to be Promising Segment
- Based on end-user, the global bone holding forceps and cutters market can be divided into hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, and others
- The hospitals segment dominated the global market in 2018 and the trend is projected to continue during the forecast period
- Hospitals is anticipated to be a highly lucrative segment during the forecast period owing to higher number of surgical procedures performed in these settings and availability of various surgical tools
North America to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global bone holding forceps and cutters market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global bone holding forceps and cutters market in 2018 owing to higher number of surgical procedures, increase in adventure activities & road accidents which lead to surgeries, and presence of major players in the region
- According to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), in the U.S., the number of orthopedic surgical procedures increased from 2,740,000 in 2001 to 3,785,000 in 2011, an increase of 38% in 10 years
- The bone holding forceps and cutters market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a higher CAGR during the forecast period. Increase in the geriatric population prone to orthopedic problems, rise in the number of orthopedic surgeries, and growing medical tourism are the major drivers of the bone holding forceps and cutters market in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Bone Holding Forceps and Cutters Market
Leading players in the global Bone Holding Forceps and Cutters market are:
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Stryker Corporation
- Integra LifeSciences Corporation
- CONMED Corporation
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc.
- Sklar Surgical Instruments
- Arthrex, Inc.
- Millennium Surgical Corp.
Global Bone Holding Forceps and Cutters Market: Research Scope
Global Bone Holding Forceps and Cutters Market, by Product Type
Global Bone Holding Forceps and Cutters Market, by Material
- Stainless Steel
Global Bone Holding Forceps and Cutters Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Global Bone Holding Forceps and Cutters Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research – 1. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/increasing-number-of-accidents-and-injuries-to-drive-adoption-of-wound-closure-strips-market-valuation-to-rise-up-to-us446-3-mn-by-2027-end-finds-tmr-301019647.html