Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market Introduction
- Hydroxyapatite-coated femoral components are hard tissue implant material coated physically or chemically with hydroxyapatite on femur components generally with titanium as a base
- Hydroxyapatite is a mineral form of calcium apatite. The coating is mostly plasma jet sprayed on to the femur component, as its biocompatible and osteoconductive properties contribute to quick fixation of total joint prostheses. This coating boosts endosteal bone in growth to prosthesis, thereby improving the stability of femoral stem and ensuring improved clinical and radiological outcomes.
- Hydroxyapatite-coated femoral components were first used to enhance bone fixation. It was initially used in the fixation of dental implants, and by the mid-1980s, laboratory research had begun to explore their use in fortifying hip implants to skeletal bone.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market
- Usage of hydroxyapatite-coated femoral stems is increasing due to rise in evidence that HA could enhance the consistency of bone osseointegration and improve total surgical procedure outcomes. This in turn is projected to drive demand for hydroxyapatite-coated femoral stems across the globe.
- Clinical evidence suggests that combination of tapered geometry with HA coating increases the likelihood of unfailing femoral fixation
- HA coating quickens bone restoration and enhances the biological fixation of implants due to its biocompatibility and osteoconductive potential. A number of studies have shown reduction of the migration of HA-coated femur components and also improved results and greater survival rates than the identical press-fit components. This is expected to propel the global market during the forecast period.
- However, high cost and HA particle delamination from the stem surface producing third-body wear are likely to restrain the global hydroxyapatite-coated femoral components market
Get Full PDF Sample Copy of Report: (Including Full TOC, List of Tables & Figures, Chart) : https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=76675
By Region North America is to Lead Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market
- In terms of region, the global hydroxyapatite-coated femoral components market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is a leading market for hydroxyapatite-coated femoral components, owing to development of groundbreaking technologies and consumer preference for these components. Rise in demand for grafts or implants, increase in R&D activities to drive applicability of hydroxyapatite in the medical industry, surge in disposable income, and increase in geriatric population fuel the growth of the market in North America.
- Favorable medical reimbursement policies and well-established health care institutes and hospitals are the major factors boosting the growth of the hydroxyapatite-coated femoral components market in Europe
- Rise in the number of total hip arthoplasty and dental surgeries to treat the underlying disease conditions is anticipated to propel the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period. Availability of trained and well-qualified surgeons and rise in adoption of hydroxyapatite-coated femoral components for THA procedures are expected to accelerate the growth of the market in Asia Pacific from 2019 to 2027.
REQUEST FOR COVID19 IMPACT ANALYSIS – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=76675
Key Players in Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market
The global hydroxyapatite-coated femoral components market was highly consolidated in 2018. Leading players operating in the global market are:
- DePuy Synthes
- Kycera Medical
- Smith & Nephew
- Zimmer Biomet
- Nano Interface Technology
Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market: Research Scope
Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market, by Product Type
Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market, by Application
- Total Hip Arthroplasty
- Dental (reconstruction & filling)
Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market, by Coating Type
- Dips Coating
- Sputter Coating
- Thermal Spraying Coating
- Sol-gel Coating
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research – https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/rising-complications-due-to-diabetes-is-pushing-adoption-of-diabetic-ulcers-treatment-market-valuation-will-rise-up-to-us13-6-bn-by-2026-end-finds-tmr-report-301016214.html
Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
Global Hydroxyapatite-coated Femoral Components Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa