Global Hypertension Management Devices Market: Overview
- Hypertension is a key risk factor for cardiovascular diseases and continues to be a major cause of global morbidity and mortality. This is attributed to large number of patients with uncontrolled blood pressure, despite various pharmacological options available.
- Novel technologies such as smartphones and Bluetooth-enabled tele-monitoring devices are playing key roles in hypertension management. The role of invasive management strategies for hypertension alongside medications is considered a possible treatment for hypertension patients.
- The global hypertension management devices market is projected to grow at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to rise in prevalence of resistant hypertension due to the inability to tolerate current pharmacological therapies
Key Drivers of Global Hypertension Management Devices Market
- Resistant hypertension (RHTN) continues to contribute to the overall population’s cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. According to the American Journal of Hypertension, in 2015, the prevalence of resistant hypertension was reported to be between 14% and 16% of patients with hypertension globally. Hence, a number of patients prefer non-drug approach to resistant hypertension treatment. This factor is anticipated to boost the growth of the global hypertension management devices market.
Restraints of Global Hypertension Management Devices Market
- Not all types of hypertension management devices are reimbursed. A majority of health insurance plans in the U.S. do not cover hypertension management devices.
- Insurance benefits for hypertension management devices vary from payer to payer. Some payers could cover monitors, but not additional support services provided by non-physicians.
- Some private insurance plans in the U.S. provide benefits only to beneficiaries who are enrolled in the disease management programs for HTN or other medical conditions that have increased risk of developing heart diseases and causing stroke
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Hypertension Management Devices Market
- North America is likely to dominate the global hypertension management devices market during the forecast period due to rise in prevalence of hypertension as well as resistant hypertension, presence of major players, and increase in adoption of advanced devices to monitor hypertension. According to the CDC, in 2017, nearly half a million deaths in the U.S. included hypertension as a primary or contributing cause.
- The hypertension management devices market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, owing to increase in the geriatric population with hypertension, rise in adoption of new treatment procedure to manage hypertension, surge in health care expenditure, and increase in awareness among people about preventive health care.
Download PDF Brochure For More Information : https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=76551
Key Players Operating in Global Hypertension Management Devices Market
Major players operating in the global hypertension management devices market are:
- CVRx, Inc.
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Mercator MedSystems
- Ablative Solutions, Inc.
- Kona Medical, Inc.
- ReCor Medical, Inc.
Global Hypertension Management Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Hypertension Management Devices Market, by Device
- Renal Denervation Devices
- Carotid Sinus Stimulation Devices
Global Hypertension Management Devices Market, by Technology
- Radiofrequency Ablation
Global Hypertension Management Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa