Cruciate Ligament Repair Procedures Market: Introduction
- Cruciate ligaments are a pair of ligaments that hold the bones of the knees together. Cruciate ligaments are also called cruciform ligaments as they are arranged in a crossed or an X formation.
- In a cruciate ligament repair surgery, a surgical tissue graft is used to replace the torn or injured cruciate muscles. The most common grafts are autografts using part of your own body, such as the tendon of the kneecap (patellar tendon) or one of the hamstring tendons, or the quadriceps tendon above the kneecap. Another choice is allograft tissue, which is taken from a deceased donor.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Cruciate Ligament Repair Procedures Market
- As the age progresses, the synovial fluid between the knee joint starts drying out which can lead to higher friction for the cartilage, bones, and the ligament. This leads to arthritis and other complications which require knee replacement procedures. Furthermore, other connective tissues such as ligaments attached to the bones become less flexible and more constrained. These factors are expected to drive the demand for cruciate ligament repair procedures among the geriatric population.
- Lifestyle changes along with changes in eating habits lead to increase in obesity, which puts pressure on the joints in lower extremity and leads to joint damage and other joint disorders. Increase in percentage of elderly and obese populations is likely to propel the number of cruciate ligament repair procedures during the forecast period.
- According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Product estimates, the U.S. is likely to have about 72.1 million geriatric population by 2030, which is more than twice the number in 2000. According to the American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons, the obese population is 20 times more likely to undergo knee replacement surgery when compared to those who are not overweight.
Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Repair Segment to Lead Global Market
- The global cruciate ligament repair procedures market can be segmented based on procedure type, indication, and region
- Based on procedure type, the global cruciate ligament repair procedures market can be divided into anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) repair and posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) repair. The anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) repair segment is expected to dominate the global market during the forecast period as anterior cruciate ligament is the more common type of the two ligaments to witness wear and tear.
- In terms of indication, the global cruciate ligament repair procedures market can be classified into osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, trauma, and others
Asia Pacific to Present Lucrative Opportunities in Global Cruciate Ligament Repair Procedures Market
- The global cruciate ligament repair procedures market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The cruciate ligament repair procedures market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a relatively high growth rate during the forecast period, owing to increase in focus on development of health care infrastructure by the public as well as private hospitals, along with growing demand for affordable care from a significant base of patient population. Wide scope of development and rapidly urbanizing population offer strong business expansion potential to the emerging as well as established market players in this region, which is a major reason for the rapid growth of the cruciate ligament repair procedures market in Asia Pacific.
For More Details, Request A PDF Brochure Report @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=75411
Key Players Operating in Global Cruciate Ligament Repair Procedures Market
Leading players in the global cruciate ligament repair procedures market include:
- Stryker Corporation
- Smith & Nephew plc
- DJO Global
- Arthrex, Inc.
- DePuy Synthes
Global Cruciate Ligament Repair Procedures Market: Research Scope
Global Cruciate Ligament Repair Procedures Market, by Procedure Type
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Repair
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Repair
Global Cruciate Ligament Repair Procedures Market, by End-user
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Global Cruciate Ligament Repair Procedures Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa