Carbuncle Treatment Market: Introduction
- Carbuncle is a bacterial infection that infects the hair follicles on skin. It is primarily caused by bacteria Staphylococcus aureus. Scrapes, broken skin, and moist parts of the body are the favorable conditions for carbuncle infection.
- Carbuncle usually develops on the back of the neck, shoulders, on thighs, armpits, buttocks, and any part of the body that tends to sweat. It causes red, painful, and swollen skin at the site of infection. It can spread up to 2 inches to 5 inches long and is more likely to leave a scar.
- People with diabetes, dermatitis, kidney & liver diseases, and patients with poor immune system are more susceptible to carbuncle
- Treatment of carbuncle depends on various factors such as size, location, and the duration for which the infection was left untreated
- Carbuncle can be treated with home remedies, antibiotics, pain relievers, and antibacterial soaps. In severe cases, surgery is advised if carbuncle does not respond to medical treatments.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Carbuncle Treatment Market Report
Global Carbuncle Treatment Market: Key Drivers
- The global carbuncle treatment market is primarily driven by high prevalence and increase in incidence rates of carbuncle infection across the globe
- Diabetic patients and patients with kidney disorders & other skin diseases are more susceptible to carbuncle. Large patient pool with diabetes, kidney disorders, and dermatological diseases is projected to boost the growth of the global market during the forecast period.
- Promising product pipeline for the treatment of carbuncle and launch & commercialization of new products is anticipated to contribute to the growth of the global carbuncle treatment market from 2019 to 2027
Cephalosporin Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of drug class, the global carbuncle treatment market can be classified into cephalosporin, lincomycin, tetracycline, and others. The cephalosporin segment is expected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Cephalosporin drugs are used as first-line treatment of carbuncle. Easy availability of cephalosporin, low cost, and rise in adoption are likely to fuel the growth of the segment from 2019 to 2027.
Topical Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunity
- In terms of route of administration, the global carbuncle treatment market can be categorized into topical, oral, and intravenous. The topical segment is projected to dominate the global carbuncle treatment market during the forecast period.
- Topical gels and creams are the most common forms of antibiotics prescribed for the treatment of carbuncle
Retail Pharmacies to be Lucrative Segment
- Based on distribution channel, the global carbuncle treatment market can be divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. The retail pharmacies segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Easy availability of antibiotics at the over-the-counter stores and preference for retail pharmacy stores for OTC drugs are projected to drive the segment from 2019 to 2027
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Carbuncle Treatment Market Report
Carbuncle Treatment Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global carbuncle treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- High prevalence of underlying causes of carbuncle such as diabetes and kidney & liver disorders, well-established health care facilities, and early & high awareness about dermatological disorders are attributed to North America’s dominant share during the forecast period
- The carbuncle treatment market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period
- Significant growth of the health care industry in Asia Pacific, easy access to health care facilities, and increase in investments in health care by leading players are expected to fuel the growth of the market in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Carbuncle Treatment Market
- The global carbuncle treatment market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players holding key market share in respective region. Leading players in the global carbuncle treatment market are:
- Amgen, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Bayer AG
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Allergan plc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
Global Carbuncle Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Carbuncle Treatment Market, by Drug Class
Global Carbuncle Treatment Market, by Route of Administration
Global Carbuncle Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Carbuncle Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa