Surgical Glue Market: Overview
- If we have a minor cut or scratch, we should clean the wound and apply bandage over it. However, if we have a severe gash, cut, or break in the skin, a doctor might use other options to close the wound. Surgical glue, also called tissue adhesive, is one of the options that doctors opt for as an alternative to close wounds such as lacerations, incisions made during laparoscopic, and wound in different parts of the body. In 2001, surgical glue was approved by the FDA as an adjunct to standard methods of achieving hemostasis in open surgery and also to repair large vessel such as aorta. Research studies have proved that surgical adhesive is quite effective in cardiac and vascular surgical repair.
- The global surgical glue market is projected to grow at a significant pace during the forecast period owing to increase in the number of surgeries and high preference for surgical glue among surgeons as it is a better sealant.
Report Overview : https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/surgical-glue-market.html
Key Drivers of Global Surgical Glue Market
- According to the American Heart Association, cardiovascular disease is one of the most common cause of mortality, accounting for approximately 17 million deaths (30% deaths) every year, a number that is expected to increase to over 23.6 million by 2030. The most common reasons for cardiovascular diseases are unhealthy diet, physical inactivity, cholesterol, tobacco use, and alcohol consumption. Increase in incidence of cardiovascular diseases will require surgical procedures. This is expected to drive the global surgical glue market during the forecast period.
- Lower rate of infection, less time in the operating room, less scarring, no use of needles, no stitches to remove, and quick sealing are some benefits of surgical glue that increase preference among doctors during surgeries. This factor is likely to propel the global market.
Higher Cost than Other Alternatives could Restrain Market
- The cost per stitch using monofilament absorbable sutures ranges between US$ 1.75 and US$ 1.83, and the cost per stitch using barbed sutures is around US$ 19.96. However, the cost of one surgical glue tube is US$ 30 to US$ 40. Hence, high cost is projected to hamper the growth of the global surgical glue market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Surgical Glue Market
- The surgical glue market in North America is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increase in geriatric population and favorable reimbursement policies for surgeries in the region. Moreover, high number of surgeries is expected to drive the surgical glue market in North America. According to the Texas Heart Institute, 500,000 coronary bypass procedures are performed in the U.S. every year.
- The market in Asia Pacific is likely to grow at a faster pace in the next few years due to increase in the number of surgeries and rise in adoption of modern surgical methods. Moreover, preference for minimally invasive surgeries is projected to increase the use of surgical glue in countries such as India and China.
For More Details, Request A PDF Brochure Report @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=74372
Key Players Operating in Global Surgical Glue Market:
Major players operating in the global surgical glue market are:
- Braun Melsungen AG
- Baxter International, Inc.
- Advanced Medical Solutions Group plc
- Johnson & Johnson Service, Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Cardinal Health, Inc.
- Integra LifeSciences Corporation
- Adhesys Medical GmbH
Global Surgical Glue Market: Research Scope
Global Surgical Glue Market, by Product Type
- Natural Adhesives and Sealants
- Fibrin Sealants
- Collagen-based Adhesives
- Gelatin-based Adhesives
- Synthetic & Semi-synthetic Adhesives and Sealants
- Polyurethane-based Adhesives
Global Surgical Glue Market, by Indication
- Nerve Repair
- Fluid Barrier
- Close Skin Incisions
Global Surgical Glue Market, by Application
- Cardiac Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Liver & Spleen Lacerations
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Burn Bleeding
- Wound Management
- General Surgery
Global Surgical Glue Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Specialty Clinics
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)