Ayurveda is an effective technique for treating scars. This ancient Indian medical science uses herbs and plants to treat various diseases. These herbs are easily available and affordable. Since Ayurveda uses all-natural ingredients there are no side effects. Ayurveda works like wonders in case of scars. It can lighten the scars, even skin surface and encourage new cell growth. Here is the information about some herbs that can help you to treat your scars.
- Gotu Kola is a very popular Ayurvedic herb. This herb from the parsley family is widely used to heal wounds and other injuries. Gotu Kola is enriched with triterpenoids. This compound tightens the skin and increases blood supply in the skin. Besides that, it also has antioxidant properties. So, it helps the healing process to become faster. Triterpenoids also make the scars less visible and smaller in size.
- Neem is an allrounder. The bark, leaves, flowers, and fruits- all have medicinal properties. Neem has antibacterial and antioxidant property. It softens the skin and makes the scar less visible. Neem leaves are very much effective in case of pox scars, acne, and deep scars. Usually, scar soap for face is made with neem extracts.
- Turmeric or Haldi is also great for scars. It gives relief from inflammation. This property reduces the scar tissues. Besides that, turmeric is also effective in making the skin tone even.
- Calendula or Marigold is very much effective in scar removal. Calendula reduces the visibility of the scars, enhances cell growth, makes skin even. Calendula is a common ingredient of no scar soap. It is widely used as the main ingredient for dermatitis. Calendula is available in the market as a dried powder, extract form or as ointment or soaps.
- Pineapple can also be used. Pineapple contains Bromelain. Pineapple stems are enriched with this compound. Bromelain is a natural anti-inflammatory agent. It is widely used to reduce swelling. It also encourages cell regeneration. This product must be used with a doctor’s advice. Consult an ayurvedic expert before using.
- Aloe vera is a magical herb. Aloe vera gel has pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties. The gel reduces swelling and scar formation. Besides that, aloe gel encourages cell growth and smooth skin. You can use fresh gel from a leaf or pre-made gels that can be bought from stores. Aloe vera reduces stretch marks also.
- Lemongrass has anti-astirgent and toning qualities. This aromatic herb also contains anti-inflammatory agents in it. Lemongrass cures blemishes and dark spots effectively. Lemongrass also has antiseptic properties. Hence, it is also beneficial in case of acne and bruises.
- Potato is loved by all. This versatile and delicious vegetable also has some great medicinal properties. It reduces dark spots and makes scars small.
- Onion contains a high amount of flavonoids- Kaempferol and Cepalin. Onion extracts can make scars less visible very quickly. It is also great for acne and acne-related scars.
All of these herbs are affordable and easily available. You can choose the raw herb or extract or dried powder or products made from the. The choice is up to you. But, these herbs must be used for a certain period for getting results. It will be better if you can consult an Ayurveda expert before using any of them.